By Hook or by Crook

This is what happened when a tool is not used for what it was meant to be used.

 
This is my #14 (0.5mm) hook that I use with fine thread, #50 or more, or when I need to add beads to picots.  Now, #14 hooks are difficult to find where I am.  None of the local needlecraft stores have them.  I put the hook in my wish list to an exchange partner and she obliged.
I won't go into details on how it broke. Enough to say that I didn't cause it to break!  When I mentioned my broken hook to someone, she was surprised the culprit is still alive, LOL.

But every cloud has a silver lining.

I have been eyeing LadyShuttleMaker's hook pens ever since she listed them in her etsy.  I placed an order in the morning and the hook broke in the evening.  Luckily I managed to get to LadyShuttleMaker in time to ask if she can replace the hook size that I ordered earlier with a #14.  She said my order was already packed and ready for shipping but had not left, so she said she will make the change.  Phew!

And the hook pen arrived yesterday, Yippee! The hook is retractable. When not in use, I can stow it away and avoid any accidents, like poking myself, or breaking it ...again ...ughh.


Here is the close up of the hook pen. As you can see, it is really tiny when you compare it with the #50 HDT shown together in the picture.



Yup, that's right! I just can't resist the new Victorian Valentine HDT that LadyShuttleMaker has just released, seen below with the Tuscany HDT.

Comments

  1. You know Jon, I have had size 14 hooks on back order for two months and still have no idea if and when I will get them. They are getting hard to find here too!

    I hope you get a lot of enjoyment from your new hook pen and threads! Thank you for this post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jon, I LOVE your new page! SO much easier to read and so pretty!
    Fox : ))

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know this is an older post, but if any of you are still looking, I found a vendor on Ebay that has them for around $3 US a piece. I wish I hadn't thrown away my reciept, but I can't remember the name. I just searched "steel crochet hooks" I think. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I really appreciate it